The mission of Bow Valley Christian Church is to Make Disciples.
We do this by Loving God, Loving Others, and Serving the World.
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Pastor
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Works closely with: Children’s Ministry Assistant and Student Ministries Pastor
- Must have a strong work ethic, strong family relationships, and an intimate relationship with God.
- Must see role as ministry and as a calling and not “just a job.”
- Demonstrate a love for being used by God in ministry.
- Demonstrate Godly principles in personal and home life.
- Must be able to pass a criminal records background check.
- Ability to work with other staff, children’s ministry workers, families.
- Ability to relate to children.
- Fully engage in Bow Valley community, along with spouse and family, if applicable.
- Must be compatible with the philosophy of Bow Valley’s senior leadership.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Bible and able to use it as a resource for his/her ministry.
- Must be able to work with parents in leading children to Christ.
- Strategic thinker.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities effectively.
- Able to face and resolve conflict.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Ability to delegate and the willingness to ask for help when appropriate.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must be efficient with computers and related software.
- Preferably trained in CPR and First Aid.
- Recruit workers for KidsConnect ensuring all aspects of Plan to Protect are covered for new applicants.
- Train workers in practical methods of leading classrooms in the church setting (it would be an asset to be familiar with the Orange Philosophy of Lead Small).
- Ensure all classes, programs, and events are adequately staffed and oversee the development of contingency coverage plans.
- Train all workers in safety and security procedures (Plan to Protect). If required, training will be provided through Plan to Protect so as to be a trainer for our community.
- Be comfortable and have knowledge to serve in every area of Children’s Ministry.
- Oversee scheduling of volunteers using Community Church Builder (The Hub).
- Evaluate, attain, and distribute curriculum.
- Provide appropriate resources for classroom volunteers.
- Plan, Organize and Facilitate Children’s events throughout the year.
- Oversee all media (social, audio, and video) for ministry.
- Oversee all communication from ministry to families.
- Oversee all children’s mailings (Miss You card, Visitor Cards, Birthday Cards) as handled by Administrative Assistant.
- Monitor Child Safety using Plan to Protect guidelines.
- Background Check Volunteers.
- Oversee Administrative Assistant.
- The salary for this position will reflect the training and experience of the successful candidate.
- Benefits including extended health and dental insurance are available.
Please reply to the Executive Pastor